My life....

...The Amazing life of a Young Adult. Adventures & Escapades of a mini-socialite. Life as I know it.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Quarter to being a Housewife......

Waking up each morning now to go to work has made me realize why I have been 'lazily' job hunting.
It's ever so tiring from the minute I wake up, to commuting with the morning commuters, then getting to work and playing 'best friends' with my workmates for the next 8hrs (not counting overtime), not forgetting to ask everyone for coffee/tea when going to make one for myself etc. Then, there are the people you meet at any workplace, be it retail or whatever (funny enough, they do always seem the same), there's the one who is threatened by your qualifications and ambitions and puts it upon his/herself to "try" and make you feel uncomfortable, then you have the power-driven overje master who usually tends to be very quick to jump at what one is doing wrong but they seem to have worked in the company for ages doing the same thing cos they dont have enough confidence to apply for anything else and OMG, the ones that have no life and wants us to hang out everynight after work and will go ahead and organise something for the weekend, like please.

Instead of concentrating at work today (was in for overtime), I started daydreaming, what if I have the opportunity to wake up anytime I like, do whatever I like with my day, the thought of never worrying about work ever again. Basically lazing indoors all morning, then go out and organise another brunch/gala night/lunch or whatever.

Seriously, what if I have the option of being a housewife? The luxury of being told- Darling, your salary doesn't make a difference to the family account- meaning that he has it nicely covered etc

Basically all I will be doing is being a full time housewife with my business running on the side, me organising more parties/functions for the rest of the Housewives Association and summer events for the kids blah, blah.

Lord knows that if that door of opportunity opens for me right now, I'll enter and double bolt the door sharp sharp, no questions asked.
But in reality, due to the harshness of the world and the sins of men ( the sins of the fathers always follow them), I have to work! work!! work!!! Then become the housewife much later after retirement.

Me I no go suffer ............................

7 Comments:

Blogger Aramide said...

.....I no go beg for bread! :o) Did u get my last msg? xx

9:53 AM  
Blogger LondonBuki said...

Such is life dear!

No matter how much I criticize the whole trophy wife thing, sometimes it is so tempting.

But then you have to think about having to ask for extra money if you want to buy something really expensive, accepting if the man stays out LATE cos who is the breadwinner, etc!!!

LOL!!!

Anyway, WE will not suffer, beg for bread... AMEN!!!!

11:00 AM  
Blogger 1511th said...

@ Mona- Welcome to bloggville, long time.

@ LondonBuki- I know what you mean about the temptation and also having to ask for money for personal things...lol

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wife: I need some money today
Hubby: What for?
Wife: For some general stuff ...
Hubby: What stuff?
Wife: Em, general women's need ...
Hubby: Like?
Wife: (In her head, WTF) I need to buy some toileteries ...
Hubby: Oh, you've ran out of the last set you bought?

How ridiculous can it be, especially with uncivilised men

4:20 PM  
Blogger Biodun said...

I feel u girl...I think of it 2 but I know I cant do it...but hey a girl can alway dream I say

5:48 PM  
Blogger Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

housewife ke? abeg oh!!!

thats when the insult will start....
"instead of working you are sitting here spending my money getting fat" LOL just kidding.
i feel you men.... this work.. o ti su mi.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Through these eyes said...

Me, i want to be housewife too oh! Dis corporate America weh i come, i don chop insult finish. na housewife i wan be. Amen!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home