My life....

...The Amazing life of a Young Adult. Adventures & Escapades of a mini-socialite. Life as I know it.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Thursday, March 16, 2006

A La Nigerian Guys.

Is it me or Nigerian men do not know how to chase girls again. I am now convinced that I meet the lazy bunch of them who the only thing they want to invest in me is their money and of course the other obvious thingy but when it comes to time/getting to know me, it goes downhill from there. Right now, I am at the stage were I meet alot of guys ( I must feel but I no lie) but it's so hard for me to regard them in any form or shape of seriousness because with majority of the guys I meet, after one conversation, they move to the Hi baby/babes/hun/wife stage. How am I meant to take them serious? After the name calling stage, then they progress to the let's go shopping/ I'll buy this for you/I bought you that/let's travel together, or in the case of the ones that have moved back to Nigeria - I am getting you a ticket to come for the weekend. After all these, they start talking like we are dating each other, like I am their girlfriend full stop. They expect me to do the girlfriend duties, please bear in mind that I have only met these guys once and we have probably spoken 3/4 times oh for about 20mins max.

One thing I have noticed about Nigerian guys, is that they all have confidence abeg. As in The ugly ones.... Mega Confidence! The fine ones.....Super Mega Confidence! The poor ones......Confidence! The rich ones....Too much Confidence! The short ones....Super Confidence! Every type of them one can think of... Confidence! Rubbish, shio. Especially in this London where girls can spoil guys, I can only imagine what goes through their heads.

Talking about guys, I find it so hard to be attracted/like one (ok yes! I am still obsessing about ButterScotch). I set everything as a challenge when it comes to men. If I meet a guy today and he tells me well, he isn't looking for a serious thing. I immediately go into game-mode, I set it upon myself to make him want a serious relationship from me, I mean, na so I stood by myself when him come meet me for number. How can you be toasting me and yet have the nerve to tell me you just want "sturvs" "nothing serious".. mad man (we re!). Yes, I like it when men are honest but abeg the very honest truth is too bitter for me. Funny thing is I am not even looking for anything serious too, lol

Anyway, that's how my phone decided to pack up and leave me in the time when there's no money to replace it. It's bad enough having no job but then having no job and no mobile phone tops the chart with 1001 sprinklers. Spoke to La sexy La la, (my patner in crime), that's how her man told me his friend likes me (Now, La sexy's boo is always telling me this but I never meet the guys). LA Sexy, is my very close friend since jss2 and ever since she got into a serious relationship last year, her and her boo have decided to set me up with different guys.

So La sexy's boo proceeded to ask if he can give his friend my number blah blah blah. Told him I didnt have a mobile phone blah blah blah. To cut a long story short, La Sexy called me yesterday to tell me that the guy dropped a new phone for her last night to give me, imagine, because he heard I have no phone and he really wants to talk to me, Ope o. I am one who feels very uncomfortable collecting gifts from men, I have never collected anything from potential toasters but Lord knows I need a phone and at this rate I don't know when I'll get a new one and precise I don't have any stories to tell my daughters in the future (I dont have any kids yet oh), you know stories like when I was your age, men gave me this, men gave me that etc.

Infact I am collecting the phone. Thank God for the guy. God please forgive me. Going to apply for jobs.

9 Comments:

Blogger Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

they are all super CONFIDENT because its appears that no matter how effed a Nigerian guy is, some of our fellow Nigerian girls have reached a new high of desperation -if you no want the guy person dey wey go take am.

2:47 PM  
Blogger 1511th said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:56 PM  
Blogger 1511th said...

I swear my dear, there's always a girl ever ready.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh girl, U better take the fone....Dont worry, God will surely forgive you....he sees your heart!

As for the confidence thingy, I know some of them have reason to be but mehn, there are some that I cannot even begin to understand where...how they got there own...but like someone said, "They are not to blame"!!!!!

3:33 PM  
Blogger 1511th said...

@ o: Yes oh, me I am definately collecting it

3:44 PM  
Blogger Biodun said...

I dont think they actually ever learned how 2 chase girls...but seriously...they do have confidence...d american guys here r so tame next 2 naija boys...pls take d phone n feel no guilt please...his offering it, I would take it...I remember when naija girls played hard 2 get..gone r them days

4:04 PM  
Blogger LondonBuki said...

Enjoy the phone abeg... lol!

I know what u mean about all that "Hello hun" etc
I think Nig men are too confident and too forward, who am I to complain... I have fallen for a few of them in my time... lol

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

even those that havent yet seen u r already calling u babe on de phone.its disgusting

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. i would have said if you didnt collect the phone..I see that as God sending someborri to help you out....even if de boy turns out to be wowo....u needed the phone more than him wasting your time!!!

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home