My life....

...The Amazing life of a Young Adult. Adventures & Escapades of a mini-socialite. Life as I know it.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Individualism.... Not

I am one who thrives myself in being different from the norm, it's a form of pleasure I get (I know I am sad, but hey I am very much single with too much time on my hands), but I enjoy buying things other people would see and ignore or do things that other people won't even think off. I am an Outside-The-Box-Thinker and also quite creative.

I honestly do not have a problem with telling people who compliment my style, where and how much I bought my clothes, how I did my makeup/weave etc, that's of course if they ask me. BUT what I dont understand is when these certain people do decide to copy without a sense of being different. They copy every thing down to detail and dont think they should add a bit of themselves into it.

Alot of Nigerian gals in London, are guilty of all looking the same. They can not experiment to save their lives and the minute they see something "Tried and Tested" by another, they'll all rush in and try it the exact same way. Why? Like, it's an unspoken rule to be different and divert from the Nigerian norm.

Anyway, decided to hang out with my friend Miss GB and her older sister on Tuesday. I love these girls to bit, Miss GB is a complete joker. But anytime they see me, they keep poking and asking me where I got this, how I did that,etc. Now I really have no problem wth that, I would even take you to the shop if you want me too, but Miss GB and her sisters just dont get it. They see me with one thing, after getting the details of where to get it from, then they start calling me constantly to come over and dress them/do their make up/ hair for them like I did mine. Before I know it, it's deja vu all over again. They are in the exact clothes, same makeup, even down to the same hair style they last saw me in.

Imagine 2weeks ago, while I was at their place, the older sister made me pose for her so she can show my picture to her people, cos she said she tells them about me and she needs to show them my style. But forget that, She called me last week to please help her do her hair like I have mine (ok let me feel small, I have a mad hairstyle I am rocking now and it's so different and fab), sha I have done the hair for her, now Miss GB and her other sister are making appointments for me to follow them to the hair shop to get the right hair and do it for them! Like seriously, me doing the hair is not the point, it's up to them to maintain it, so it's all up to how you treat your hair oh!

Seriously, it's getting annoying.

5 Comments:

Blogger Biodun said...

taking pixs too...that is just razz...lol...still trips me, that folks do such things....that "anko" stuff is so not kool...

9:25 PM  
Blogger LondonBuki said...

I can't say I feel your pain cos I am such a simple dresser that all the Nigerian girls in bars, etc I go to make me look under-dressed but a couple of my friends have told me that is my style (I think they feel sorry for me... lol)

BUT I have a couple of friends who are probably as creative as you sound. And what happens to them sometimes is that ppl (Nig babes ofcos) look at them and think they are crazy for trying new things and then next thing - u start to see this style creep into theirs...

No matter who tries to copy your style, I'm sure you pull it off the best
:-)

11:24 AM  
Blogger 1511th said...

@ LondonBuki: It's a lie oh, some come and visit me at home so they can see what's new in the wardrobe... lol

2:35 PM  
Blogger Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

you are now London Idol abi? so these people, arent they even ashamed?

2:44 PM  
Blogger 1511th said...

@ onada: London Idol abi.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home