My life....

...The Amazing life of a Young Adult. Adventures & Escapades of a mini-socialite. Life as I know it.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Thursday, March 09, 2006

No job, MrPastor and MyGuy

Lately I find myself waking up really early, it's no big deal right but I have nothing to do, still haven't found a job and honestly, I am fed up. I am fed up of looking for a job. I am fed up with being too qualified or less qualified. I am fed up with people calling me even after I have clearly stated on my resume (CV) and cover letter that I have no prior experience for the position I have applied for but yet these fools, still call to ask questions then at the end of the conversation they tell me, they are sorry but they are looking for a graduate with atleast 3yrs work experience. 3YRS WORK EXPERIENCE? Come on, how is that possible? So basically while studying, they wanted me to be working in an engineering firm too?? Fools! fools!!

Thanks to my parents for the belief they have implanted in me, I now think me having no job is now a spritual thing. I know it's farfetched, but na my parents oh. Growing up back home in Nigeria, my parents were very quick to broaden our horizons with the evil men do, witchcraft et al. They always made it seem like for every bad thing that occurs in one's life, it was down to another bad person's doing. Classic Yoruba parents. So basically, I grew up avoiding relatives/people touching my head, not eating food in some people/realtives' homes, not telling some people certain family things, not telling people when I am travelling etc, you get the gist.


Now, I am beginning to think, me having no job is down to spritual doings all because while I was in Nigeria last year, my Mumma asked me to go see a certain Redeem MrPastor ( my aunt's Pastor). While I was in the MrPastor's office, He started filling my head with all sorts, about people not wanting me to succeed in life, people trying to make life difficult for me, blah, blah, blah. After about what seems like forever into the conversation, He asked me to kneel infront of him, so he can pray for me. I did, He prayed, prayer finished now, na so MrPastor decided to give me a big hug (thinking, is this normal?), the next thing I know, MrPastor was trying to force his skinny, black, disgusting looking tongue down my throat (He has my head on lockdown). Reflex took over, I fought with all my strenght while laughing (it was too funny), MrPastor did not agree, he was grabbing my butt, my arms and even aimed for my big boobs. Eventually, I found strenght from nowhere and pushed him away and I ran, I ran so far and fast, though my house was just next door oh. Imagine man of God, it's bad enough I have alot of questions when it comes to me going to church, then I meet MrPastor. How am I meant to take everything He said seriously? Though some of the things He said did hit home? Should I just scrap his words?

Anyway, MrPastor did say one thing, that for some reason it has refused to leave my mind. He mentioned that I have already met my husband but there are people who are trying to make it difficult for me. Now, this is a feeling I have had even before I saw MrPastor, (ok maybe not my husband). I feel I have met the person I can spend the rest of my life with and MyGuy feels the same, but there are some obstacles, in the shape of his new girlfriend, his bruised ego (courtesy of my tough cookie heart) . It's a long story which I will go into another day, cos I have to go do me Sikirat skills, seeing that it's my older sister's birthday and my Mumma wants me to cook my famous yam & plantain pottage for the house. But yes, thoughts of MyGuy is main reason I wake up early now.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just say, I totally relate to all you were saying about not being able to eat "here and "there"...people not touching you.....My mum filled my head with all that when I was growing up..and now I think of it, even now, she still tries to educate me on it..Only difference between now and then is, she can say and say, at the end of the day, I will make my own decisions, at that time, I had no choice, otherwise, i was disciplined..BIG TIME!!!!..You know, i used to be so scared then because my mum had literally "banned" my brothers and I from eating anywhere but at home. I am not even going to lie, sometimes, it used to be soooo tempting...u know, we go out, and they are offering all sorts of food and drinks that i know, damn well, that I want..i will look briefly at my mum and trust me, her eyes said it all....those kind of eyes that speak a thousand words...like, "IF YOU DARE....TAKE IT....HMMMMMM"...
As per the Pastor...mehn, thats crazy oh...I would have reached for the guy's u know what and i swear, I would have bent it....infact, I would have broken it so that he will never be able to try that sh*t on anyone else....
And as for your guy....he will be back in due time because we all know he belongs to you!..

4:07 PM  
Blogger Biodun said...

I totally feel u on d eating out thing...lord know I barely went to my village and also barely know some of my cousins. But men, till today am still skeptical about somethings...n I try not 2 say 2 say too much 2 people...d fact is this, there r people out there who never wish u well n yeah some do have spirits so, one cant b 2 careful(trust me I know what I have seen)..I try 2 use d wisdom of God when it comes 2 those things..2 d job issue, I have been there too..sat home 4 months too..but hey I finally got a job too..so u will get one soon!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

The pastor is a fraud (obviously). Please denounce everything he told you. He's the one that wont succeed hitting on young girls in the church - talk about a sick and demented pervert.
Its not spiritual. Back to sender. you'll get a job soon my dear and that pastor will catch gangreen syphillis.

5:44 PM  
Blogger 1511th said...

@ Belle, darling I wish I could say it's a lie but it isn't, as in I can still picture the whole scenario... his tongue, his breath everything

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH my goodness!!!
Shame on that pastor and good on you for being strong enough to fight him!!!

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home