My life....

...The Amazing life of a Young Adult. Adventures & Escapades of a mini-socialite. Life as I know it.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Monday, February 20, 2006

Onada, Moi and My Mumma

Hiya,

So after many dreams of starting a blog, I finally started it today. I must say, it so was not easy but after a recent mind block and constantly disturbing Onada, who is meant to be at work.... WORKING!! She "brilliantly" came up with the title of this blog.

Onada is my longest friend till date (almost 15+ yrs). Though initially we were not that close, but after many cycling shorts, body suits, hipsters, platform shoes, Metallic blue nail varnish and now the Chloes, Guccis and Chanels, I have grown to love every bit of her, bless her. She is such an inspiration in my life, everything she wants she gets and I am not even joking. She is one of those people who subconsciously believe in making an impact in this world. She literally pushes me to be everything I can be, which brings me to my next topic, Me. I am a recent grauate, Engineer to be precise, but I HAVE NO JOB!! To be honest I really do not see myself working for anyone again, so instead each day;
  • I mentally apply for jobs, i.e I think about applying.
  • End up on msn chatting to Onada, who is at a good job, Dubs, who is a doing her Masters and receiving £3000 mthly scholarship, which does not include her rent oh! Just money to spend.
  • Not to forget K, who has decided to move back to Nigeria, for Law sch and is looking to sell her London house, which by the way She bought it with her own cash.
  • And every other friend of mine who is at work.

My new lifestyle is amazing, I sleep whenever and wake up whenever but the down-side is no more designer handbags or expensive unplanned shopping spree for now, as one does not get that much money when one watches Tyra, That's so Raven and Oprah all day. Actually, what am I saying, there are loads of down-sides, my Mumma (mum) for instance now believes since She has invested so much money in my education and I 'claim ' I am still job hunting, has decided to make me her new Sikiratu - the house help, as in the woman sends me anywhere, makes me do everything for her, She even called, i mean yelled, my name just to tell me She can not find her tv remote control and she needs me to please change the channel for her. Yep! that's my new life. Not to forget cooking, cleaning and everything jobless people do!

Sha, I have to go now, my Mumma wants me to make amala (brown eba as my little cousin calls it) for her, yet when I ask her for £1, just £1 oh, She will give me the longest lecture on how I never listen to her when She tells me She is "broke" this week. Ps - She tells me this every week, about how She has no money for this, no money for that, et al. That's life.

Also, I really need to physically apply for atleast 2 jobs before today is over.

Ciao

4 Comments:

Blogger Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

Ok you've said it the assumption is that immediately after you published this blog you applied to two jobs right?

9:09 PM  
Blogger Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

Oh yeah and by the way i dunno who wore "cycling shorts, body suits, hipsters, platform shoes and Metallic blue nail varnish " with you. Please i've always been chloe, gucci and chanel.

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I mean I have been to Hi5 and the lot, but this is another dimension here... .call me "old fashioned" but its the first I have actually viewed/read..and u know what? I like it!!!!!..I am mostly happy about the fact that I now have something else to do (rather than work) to make my days go by swiftly.
Can I just say, I know you have been looking for a job but, maybe not as much as you shuld have been..u agree with me dont you?!!!;)...speaking of jobs, have you considered doing something in writing?....i know ur thinking "WHAT?" but honeslty, i think ur kinda good with the way u use ur words...or maybe its just because I lack in that area......Plus its the first time I am ever reading anything like this from you. You know a few times, i actually forgot it was you until you mentioned a few things that I could relate to and then it hit home...."oh my gosh, its you"...I am impressed.....
You know, I have not only read ur entry but a few others on your "Fav Blogs"...guess what? I think I am hooked!!!!! i can see myself, looking forward to coming in every morning, just to read what else has been added on!!!!...just the thought of it gets me so excited!!!! thanx thanx thanx for showing me the way!!!! chat soon...xxx

3:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Babe, I can't believe you stopped your blog ... it's really funny!

By the way, I'm your witness to the fact that onada used to wear cycling shorts, body suits, hipsters and platform shoes .... all at once!Lol

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home