My life....

...The Amazing life of a Young Adult. Adventures & Escapades of a mini-socialite. Life as I know it.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Fun? Where are you?

If I could go back to any point in my life right now, it would be me back in my secondary school days, simply because no matter what I was going through then (trust me, there were times I thought my world would end), I still had time to have fun. I was able to block out everything and have mad, care-free, risky fun. Fun I knew would turn my temporary pleasure to pain (lashings/slaps from my father).

Little things like sneaking out of the house to go next door and roam the streets or going to the vulcanizer to fix my bicycle tyres and then riding it on the road or steal from Aboki (the mallam) and letting him chase us, after a depressing moment was well worth it.

Somewhere along the line, I have been caught up with worries of tomorrow, fear of making the wrong career move, afraid of God missing my prayers cause I am really not that close to him. Hopes and dreams seem to be fading so fast, everything in my life is cloudy, I am all burnt out!

Wait, I really can not remember the last time I had Fun. Is it beacuse I have reached a stage in life where I have to show I can "be" responsible (crossing over from child to adult) and I can not take uncalculated risk again because I am in my mid-20s where I tend to overanalyse EVERYTHING ,

Then again I might just be simply boring............ I miss fun!!

15 Comments:

Blogger LondonBuki said...

My dear you are not boring cos if you are then I am boring!!! Such is life, I have had the same kinda conversation with a friend of mine, I loved secondary school days, even my Uni days. No worries about money, my future, etc. We are growing up :-(

I am sure you do and can still have fun, the problem is that you have "adult" things to think about.

Cheer Up... :-)

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its funny ur topic is about "growing up" and all the quanta that comes along with it. Earlier today, I was gazing outside my window at work, lost in thot and I was just thinking to myself, "There must be more to life than this". Life has become such a routine its unbelievable. Sometimes I wonder if everyone feels this way or its just me. I miss those days when I was young, naive and had lil or no worries in life at all...but now, all the wahala is just endless.....I used to love summer when I was younger...I wont say i hate it now but it can sometimes get me feeling even more depressed than I need to be...especially when u can hear those lil kids running around and shouting down the place chasing the ice-cream van down the street.ARGH...i wish I was young again...the funny thing is, then, I was trying to act older and dying to be older!!!!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Aramide said...

Scary isn't it? It's like you read my mind, I was telling someone recently how I missed being 15. I think that was the perfect age. Didn't have to think about all the things I have to think about now. Then again, no matter where we're at, there's always a blessing and something to be thankful for.

Chin up girlie! Everyone is in that boat heading for tomorrow and we carry uncertainty with us as we row along but we can't do anything about it. So worry not!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I try not to think of it like that or else i'll get depressed. I prefer to think I'm blessed to be alive, and there is so much i could do, if i really wanted to. You COULD have fun.. its really all in the mind..

4:19 PM  
Blogger Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

the CONS of growing old. what fun? LOL jk.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain Kunle, but growing older still has advantages; I just try to concentrate on those when I miss being a child

12:33 AM  
Blogger 1511th said...

Lol, I dont regret being old, it's just that now, it's harder to let your hair down and play just for the fun of it.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Aramide said...

From Onada's blog: Kunle, is it ur recipe? Perhaps we can teach each other how to cook in a cook club blog? What do you guys think? I need to be able to make perfect jollof, it never comes out perfect. Kunle i'm posting in ur blog also. We can call it Food & Nutrition class/period hehe :P or what it was named in secondary school xxx

11:23 AM  
Blogger 1511th said...

Mona: You joker! Yes I do not mind starting a food blog, seeing that I am now a much better cook, cos that's all I ever do. Though I still want to learn more, like your tasty peppersoup.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Morountodun said...

Invariably with age comes responsibility mortgage payments, children etc. So even when we do let our hair down every so often we have some of these worries at the back of our minds. resigned sigh

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you guys start a cooking blog, pls count me in!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Biodun said...

Was just talking about this with a friend from high skool...I miss my high skool days too...but I am sure years from now, with kids in the picture, I will miss being in my twenties!

3:17 AM  
Blogger TMinx said...

I certainly dont miss my younger days. I was a late bloomer (socially) so I had more fun then and am stil actually enjoying myself now! Your not boring, it'll pick up again but never like uni days. sigh

6:21 AM  
Blogger Aramide said...

Ah Live! Okay I will speak to Onada abt this template thing. I'm so excited now :o)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Life through rose-tinted glasses said...

hi was just going thru ur blog for the first time and felt the urge to comment first is ave got dimples too and i smile and laugh a lot (people have complained lol)i loooooovvvvvvvvve praline and vanilla icecream with a bit of caramel iceland does one that is just too mad also pecan and butter by ben and jerries, lovely. ur absolutely brillant is all i have to say

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home