My life....

...The Amazing life of a Young Adult. Adventures & Escapades of a mini-socialite. Life as I know it.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Chicken Pox-ible II

So my bumps have tripled all over my face, my chest, my palms and some embrassing places...lol. Went to see my doctor, Dr Hitchens yesterday morning even though she's already booked an appointment for me at St Thomas'. She looked ever so scared and starts asking me once again if I have taken any medications prior to this illness blah blah blah, because it's definately not chicken pox I have, it seems like a reaction and my immune system is over-acting. She tells me to pack an overnight bag as I will be asked to stay over at St Thomas'.

Got back home, packed and waited for my appointment. Phone rings, it's Dr Hitchens, lately she's been calling alot to check up on me but today it's different, She has a name for my illness - Stevens Johnson's Syndrome, She advices once again to pack my bag because I will be asked to stay - at this point, I am totally blank, like what's my business with a syndrome let alone Stevens Johnson's Syndrome. Got off the phone and immediately googled it.

Turns out Steven Johnson's Syndrome is a severe and life-threatening condition that occurs mostly with young adults blah, blah, blah. I get the gist and everything felt too much to take in. Went back to my packing, told my sisters I might not be coming back home ever again and they yelled at me for being silly and talking rubbish. Told Mumma what the Dr said, then I started crying, why? I don't know. First She went into, this-is-why-I-tell-you-to-go-to-church-every-sunday mode, then She started crying and asking me why I am crying (joker), then She starts praying, my older sister walks in and yells at both of us for crying and turns to me to stop beacause I am upsetting Mumma.

Finally, at the hospital with my two sisters and Mumma. I meet Dr Perez, Italian Dr, who's quick to see me and take me to his room. Then the probing starts again, more questions about taking any medications before I broke out. Blood test begins, feels like they took all my blood, they had about 6 tubes to fill. I am asked to undress and lie down naked, more doctors and nurses come in, most of them oohing and aahing. Dr Perez hands me a form to sign, asking for my permission to take pictures of me, I signed it, so I could see what I looked like as well. Nurse Susan comes in with a huge camera and starts clicking away, made me stand and pose for her, I am still blank and still trying to sink in the earlier info.

More doctors come in to take swabs and juice from my bumps, still not saying anything. At this point, I am asking God why do things like this always happen to me but I thank Him for everything else.

After more than 5hrs of probing, blood testing, swabbing and not to forget the oohhs and aahhs, Dr Perez finally talks to me (Thank God), tells me they think I have a bad case of chicken pox but they can't confirm this till I get my blood results back. Because they hardly treat adults with chicken pox, they hardly know what it looks like (hence, why they took my pic for further reference) but I should g home and treat it like chicken pox.

Back home now, waiting for my call from Dr Perez. As for me, if God watches over the tiny sparrow, then He won't miss small Kunle too.......

14 Comments:

Blogger Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

YOU ARE WELL JO. johnsons syndrome ko.. its chicken pox. just drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest. Dont let those crazy doctors scare you. taking picturesLOL.

3:15 PM  
Blogger 1511th said...

I know, I now have naked pictures of me circulating St Thomas' Hospital for upcoming medics...lol. Of all naked pics to have, the one with me covered in pox. By the way, thank you.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rebuke the syndrome in Jesus Name...that will not be your portion! Try not to scratch!

3:43 PM  
Blogger 1511th said...

Thanks Anon

4:09 PM  
Blogger TMinx said...

Awwwww soweeeee. Its chicken pox season here too. And I have never had it. I think it would have been better to have had it though. I hope it doesn't leave spots..don't scratch too much okay

4:39 PM  
Blogger 1511th said...

Thanks TMinx, though my bumps are not itchy, they are very painful. I hope I dont get spots sha or else I will result to good old tura...lol

I pray you don't catch chicken pox sha but as a woman it's advisable to have it before you start having kids, so they say.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Noella said...

Oh, poor baby. Hope you feel better soon. I feel so bad for teasing you about committment pox. Pele. Hmm, I don't know about this western medicine oh, picture taking and stuff, they don't do that in Luth

6:23 PM  
Blogger Aramide said...

I'm really sorry to hear this, I just saw this msg after I text...all is well in Jesus' name, please never doubt God during this period, I have seen some miracles happen around me recently and I just want to say it is well! I will pray for you ma worry! Cheer up its the pox baby nothing else...

6:28 PM  
Blogger LondonBuki said...

Eyah... sorry oh. I hope you are not unbearabley uncomfortable.

You will be well...

9:40 PM  
Blogger Biodun said...

Pele o kunle...hope u feel better, thank God its just d pox,....try not 2 scratch 2 much n dab urself in calamine..lol..I know how that stuff itches

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

steven johnson or chickenpox,u ll get well.its happened to my bro before and he healed excellently(ie steven johnson).why r drs always treated like they r crazy?they r just doing their job.if they didnt take pics of others,how would research have got us this far?please leave them alone.Anyway u are well in Jesus name.
To dilichi,its done in Nigeria and published in journals,ask ur parents but faces r not shown

12:28 PM  
Blogger TEMITAYO OMOLOLA said...

I just had to add my two naira's worth of sorreeeeeeeees.
Pele. Don't worry you'll be fine before u know it.
@Onada. Seconded its just chicken pox not johnsons syndrome.

2:43 PM  
Blogger 1511th said...

Thanks everyone and yes I am trying to be as prayerful as ever.

Funny enough, my bumps are not that itchy, they are actually quite painful, very painful i must say.

Yes oh, that's how I now have naked pictures of me roaming the lectures of St Thomas' Hospital in London...lol

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the pleasure to visiting your site. Its informative and helpful, you may want to read about obesity and overweight health problems, losing weight, calories and "How You Can Lower Your Health Risks" at phentermine adipex ionamin meridia xenical site.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home